Author: Oli Rushby Posted: 19 Sep 2015
Tom Sykes claimed his 29th career Pole during Superpole in Jerez this afternoon, pipping champion-elect Jonathan Rea to the top spot.
The top seven were covered by 0.893s after 15 minutes with the front row changing throughout.
Joining Sykes and Rea on the front row is Althea Ducati’s Niccolo Canepa, with the trio split by 0.216s.
Michael van der Mark will head the second row after fighting through Superpole 1, ahead of Jordi Torres and Chaz Davies.
Michele Pirro, riding in place of the injured Davide Giugliano, will start seventh with Matteo Baiocco and Alex Lowes joining him on the third row, with Sylvain Guintoli completing the top ten ahead of Leon Haslam and David Salom.
Tomorrow’s two 20 lap races are scheduled to start at 0930 and 1210 local time respectively.
World Superbikes Jerez - Superpole
1. Tom Sykes Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R 1m 40.292s
2. Jonathan Rea Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R 1m 40.500s
3. Niccolo Canepa Althea Ducati 1199R 1m 40.508s
4. Michael van der Mark PATA Honda CBR1000RR 1m 40.956s
5. Jordi Torres Red Devils Roma Aprilia RSV4 1m 40.974s
6. Chaz Davies Aruba.it Racing Ducati 1199R 1m 41.155s
7. Michele Pirro Aruba.it Racing Ducati 1199R 41.185s
8. Matteo Baiocco Althea Ducati 1199R 1m 41.415s
9. Alex Lowes Voltcom Crescent Suzuki GSX-R1000 1m 41.427s
10. Sylvain Guintoli PATA Honda CBR1000RR 1m 41.467s
11. Leon Haslam Red Devils Roma Aprilia RSV4 1m 41.512s
12. David Salom Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R XXXXX