Lorenzo remains quiet despite Ducati rumours

Author: Oli Rushby Posted: 01 Apr 2016

Lorenzo remains quiet

Jorge Lorenzo has refused to comment on speculation that he will move to Ducati for the 2017/18 MotoGP seasons.

The Spaniard has long been linked with the Bologna factory but rumours gathered momentum in Qatar after it became clear Lorenzo had refrained from signing what has been referred to as the best financial deal of his career with Yamaha. 

Lin Jarvis confirmed that Lorenzo was offered a contract at the same time as team-mate Valentino Rossi, who opted to renew and announce straight away, but the 28 year old has opted to wait and consider his options.

Ducati Corse bosses have made no secret they’d be interested in securing a top rider of Lorenzo’s calibre but have so far denied making any formal offer. However, as the MotoGP paddock reconvened in Argentina rumours of a Lorenzo-Ducati switch became stronger.

When asked by journalists on Thursday, Lorenzo said: “The situation is more or less the same [as it was in Qatar – nothing signed]. I think we have to concentrate on the next two races as they are very important, we haven’t won here or in Austin.

“To be honest I don’t want to tell much more; I want to keep it private with my people and to decide in the next weeks.” 

  or 

Latest Racing News
  • Eight days of digital content across 6th – 13th June during what would have been Isle of Man TT race week
    ‘Lock-In’ Isle of Man TT 2020 details announced
  • As the British Superbike Championship confirms the continued suspension of event permits, Snetterton is the latest round to be postponed.
    BSB update: 2020 calendar due early June
  • Official: 2020 Classic TT Cancelled
    2020 Isle of Man Classic TT Cancelled | OFFICIAL
  • The reigning Isle of Man TT lap record holder said about the Classic TT, “it’s definitely worth me looking at doing it”, if it goes ahead.
    Hickman keen on the Classic TT