Author: Bike Social Sports Reporter Posted: 25 Apr 2014
The British Superbike boys have been testing at Oulton Park today and after taking double victory in Monday’s races at Brands Hatch, Shane ‘Shakey’ Byrne has continued where he left off by dominating the timesheets, over six tenths of a second faster than his closest rival.
The riders only managed to get two sessions out on track with the day being cut short because of heavy rain fall at the Cheshire circuit. Byrne lead his Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki team-mate, Stuart Easton on the timesheets ahead of the timesheets. Podium man on Monday, Chris Walker took third fastest on his GBmoto Kawasaki.
Superstock 1000 rider Danny Buchan turned a few heads on the Tsingtao ZX10-R as he set the fourth fastest overall time on a stock bike. Buchan, who won the first Superstock race at Brands Hatch by a country mile, was just over a second slower than Byrne on the ZX10-R superbike. Dan Linfoot set the fifth fastest time meaning an all-Kawasaki top five ahead of Michael Rutter in sixth place on the Bathams BMW.
James Ellison had posted the fourth fastest superbike time in the morning but did not ride in the afternoon. The second round of the British Superbike Championship kicks off at Oulton Park on May Day Bank holiday.
Oulton Park – Afternoon Test session times:
1) S. BYRNE - Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki – 1’36.472
2) S. EASTON – Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki – 1’37.163
3) C. WALKER – Lloyds British GBmoto Kawasaki – 1.37.466
4) D. BUCHAN – Tsingtao WK Kawasaki STK1000 – 1’37.510
5) D. LINFOOT – Quattro Plant Kawasaki – 1’37.910
6) M. RUTTER – Bathams BMW – 1’38.432
7) B. MCCONNELL – Smiths Triumph SPT – 1’38.669
8) K. FARMER – PR Kawasaki – 1’38.813
9) D. JOHNSON – PR Racing Kawasaki STK1000 – 1’38.821
10) G. GOWLAND – Smiths Triumph SPT – 1’39.035