Hello and welcome to Front End Chatter Episode 72, Britain's most rambling, shambling biking podcast supported as ever by our gender-neutral comrades at www.bikesocial.co.uk (and definitely *not* .com) in association with Bennetts, the bike insurance people. It's like a great big biking family, packed with road tests, new bikes, used bikes, buying guides and kit git guides; come in, the water's lovely.
On a crammed FEC 72, Martin and Simon waffle about:
- Sepang MotoGP testing results
- The cancelled Welsh Road Races: why it's been postponed and how much damage has been done to the reputation of the organisers and a potential 2019 event – plus some sensible mathematics
- A surprisingly measured and informed opinion on the great grid girls debate... from a man
- McGuinness signs to race the Norprilia at the TT
- News from the launches of the 2018 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports (not in Africa) and Triumph Tiger 800 (in Africa)
- Embarrassing crashes, heart-breaking crashes and unpredictable crashes (aren't all crashes unpredictable?)
- Do we get the new bikes we want, or the bikes manufacturers think we want... and how are new bikes developed, anyway?
- What were the best-selling bikes in Europe and who were the biggest manufacturers in 2017?
Thank you for your ears, and please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @SimonHbikes and @Mufga