Hello and welcome to Front End Chatter E96, the world’s most favouritist biking podcast, supported as ever by bikesocial.co.uk and Bennetts, the bike insurance specialists.
Rambling gossip this month includes:
• MotoGP from Catalunya and why Lorenzo wasn’t the bad guy
• conquering the Rudland Rigg on a Triumph Scrambler 1200
• new bike news featuring...
1) Ducati’s Streetfighter V4, with added wings
2) KTM’s 790 Adventure R Rally with added springs
3) Triumph Rocket III TFC with added torques
• ...which is an awful lot of extreme/exclusivity/exotica all in one go, but should anyone really care, do they actually make any money for the manufacturers or are they just exercises in PR and brand awareness?
• are bikers getting more gammony?
• does size matter (we’re talking engines here)?
• why don’t more bikes have an overdrive top gear, and is it more fuel efficient to use big throttle in top gear of part throttle in lower gears?
• are Triumphs more unreliable than other manufacturers, and why doesn’t the press talk about it?
• You want a desirable, fun, impractical road bike – should you buy a Ducati 1098S or an MV Agusta F3 800... or something else altogether?
• BMW R18 concept bike – thumbs up or thumbs up bums?
• why focussing on less-tall bikers is size-ist; a lot of tall riders have problems too...
• more on the merits or otherwise of air-bag vests – do they work, and does risk compensation actually make you more likely to have an accident when wearing one?
Thanks for listening, please:
a) tell your friends, relatives, work-mates and even people you don’t really like about Front End Chatter
b) visit www.bikesocial.co.uk for your FEC fix and biking info
c) try Bennetts for your biking and travel insurance
d) email your thoughts, ideas, questions and rants to email@example.com
e) come to the FECtacular FEC100 episode live from Cadwell Park on August 13th (alongside a Bennetts track day)
f) find Simon and Martin on the social mediums here:
or dowload directly at FEC Download