Hello and welcome to the long-awaited (well, about a month) Front End Chatter Episode 65 – supported as ever by our magnificent colleagues, pals and beneFECtors at www.bikesocial.co.uk and Bennetts, the bike insurance specialists.
This week FEC bangs on about subjects as wide and varied as:
- how does three-time World Superbike champ Jonathan Rea’s win-race ratio match to Carl Fogarty’s, and how to fix World Superbike (again)
- did the three-way Showdown final British Superbike round at Brands and the subsequent love-in make us want to watch it next year?
- ...and compare all that to an epic MotoGP race at Motegi
PLUS! words of gossip about what we know about 2018’s new bikes (or do we?) including
- the 2018 supercharged, sports touring Kawasaki H2R GT...
- ...and their Z900RS, and how close it’ll be to the existing Z900
- Honda’s NSC ‘New Sports Cafe’...
- ...and if the motor is based on the CB650F inline four
- Honda’s new Goldwing with its funny front end...
- KTM’s 790-800cc Duke parallel twin which probably won’t have bungees pulling the pistons back to TDC
- Yamaha’s MT-07-based T7 budget adventure bike
- Triumph’s, er, well, definitely not a 765 Daytona, say Triumph...
- Harley-Davidson’s new Softail range of, er, big V-twins including the rather splendid Fat Bob
PLUS! listeners’ questions, including:
- what supermoto as a second bike
- the law around on-bike dash-cams – and can plod nick you using your own sat nav’s ‘snail-trail’ as evidence?
- are smaller bikes less likely to get you in trouble?
- can you buy a decent used bike for the price of a new iPhone?
Thank you for listening and putting up with us – and please email any biking questions (or any questions you like) or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
or get us on Twitter
And don’t forget to check out www.bikesocial.co.uk and get your bike insurance with Bennetts.