Hello and welcome to a special, John McGuinness Front End Chatter Episode 64, supported by our good friends at www.bikesocial.co.uk, supported by Bennetts, the bike insurer par excellence, bar none.
And what a treat this week – apart from the usual nattering about subjects as random as:
- tech details from the launch of Ducati’s 210bhp V4 Stradale engine, which is coming to a chassis that may or may not but probably will look remarkably similar to a 1299 Panigale this November
- Rossi’s broken leg bones, Cal’s severed tendon, the ramifications for the MotoGP title, and who Valentino gets to sign the plaster cast...
- why Silverstone’s MotoGP was so poorly attended (conspiracy theory alert)
- how lovely BMW’s R nineT Racer is, and why don’t other manufacturers make bikes that, simply, look beautiful?
- will the news Welsh police are actively encouraging dash-cam users to upload footage as evidence for traffic offences make you ride any differently?
- how to learn how to pronounce Ikea, Abba and Öhlins on a Magic Motor Experience tour on a Yamaha XT660R, in Sweden...
... the jewel in FEC64’s crown is the audio version of BikeSocial’s interview with TT legend John McGuinness, in which he talks about:
- the physical side effects of ‘that’ crash (caution: not for the squeamish!)
- how it’s affected his head
- what caused it and what he really thinks about the 2017 Fireblade
- what happens to his career now
- how important the race fans are to his recovery
Hope you enjoy, please say nice things and spread the word, and please email any and all questions, comments and ideas to email@example.com
Thanks for listening!