Hello and welcome to the podcast they said would never happen – 'they' being 'us' – yes, it's Front End Chatter E101 – the one hundred and one-est motorcycling podgasm in the world.
And thanks as ever to the munificent and mellifluous melodians of motorcycling, Bikesocial.co.uk, and the brains behind the beauty, Bennetts the bike insurance specialists.
In E101 we have:
- our biking Room 101s (as suggested by Mian Cowell but whom I suspect we forgot to credit!) including:
- Polite vests
- riding certificates
- the good old days
- track tyre pressure obsession
- moaning about other riders' kit
- plus! all the fact -free opinions from Silverstone MotoGP (which, yes, seems like a long time ago but was only last weekend ffs)
- opinion about new bikes, including Triumph's Daytona 765, Honda's 1100 Africa Twin, and Triumph's Tiger 900... and a radical guess at Suzuki's 2020 range...
- plus #2 – emails on topics as diverse as:
- helmet HUDs
- heated visors
- how a KTM 1290 and 1050 have the same gearing apart from top gear
- best sub-500cc second bike for a short all-year commute
- why learning to ride in your 30s might save biking
- what are wire crash barriers all about?
- best underwear for hot weather and long distances
All this and much more, so give FEC a go!
Thanks again to Bennetts and Bikesocial, thanks to you for listening (please continue to spread the words!), thanks to all race commentators everywhere for giving us free plugs, and get FEC on Twitter @SimonHbikes and @Mufga.
Or for a direct download, right clock and 'Save as...' from here