No, we’ve not gone crazy. As part of our 90th year (we know - we don’t look it…) celebrations, we’ve decided to give away a Honda VTR1000 SP-1.
Just by getting an insurance quote online with us – either for a motorcycle or classic motorcycle policy – from now until December 31, 2020, you will be entered* into a free draw to win the actual bike above.
Hard to believe it is 20 years old and definitely falling into the modern classic category, the Honda SP-1 is truly an iconic bike. Together with HRC, Honda built their own 1000cc V-twin to beat Ducati and the dominant 916 at their own game in World Superbikes and did just that with Colin Edwards in 2000. The same year, the late, great Joey Dunlop picked up his final ‘big bike’ Isle of Man TT win riding one.
Getting a quote with us online is simple. We search our panel of insurers to find you our best price for the cover you need and Bennetts insurance policies are Defaqto 5-star rated, include 17 of the most common modifications covered as standard, provide access to a 24/7 UK-based claims team along with exclusive deals on riding kit, accessories, experiences and rider training as part of FREE membership to Bennetts Rewards.
Bennetts Insurance for Classic Bikes
When it comes to a classic policy - whether you’re looking to insure a modern classic, vintage bike or simply a cherished machine - Bennetts insurance for classic bikes comes with optional agreed valuations, show and event cover and no admin fees for additional modifications, along with salvage retention options available. As Bennetts now offers insurance for both modern and classic motorcycles on one multi-bike policy (up to four bikes), owners who have more than one type of machine in their garage do not need to insure each one on separate policies.
To find out more about the living with a Honda SP-1, read our buying guide here.
Bennetts have a long history of giving away some amazing motorcycle and as recently as 2019, we offered the chance to win a Ducati 916 Biposto. Here’s the lucky winner after we delivered her bike.
*you can opt out of the prize draw at any time.
Terms and conditions
1. The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
2. Upon completion of a quote for insurance at www.bennetts.co.uk, you will be automatically entered into the prize draw.
3. Only one entry per person is permitted.
4. The opening date for entries is 5.00pm on 12th May 2020. The closing date of the prize draw is 11.59pm on 31st December 2020 in Great Britain. Entries received after this time will not be valid.
5. If for any reason a technical interruption, fault or site failure occurs when completing a quote online, the Promoter does not take any responsibility for incomplete quotes and any incomplete quotes will not be considered valid for entry into the prize draw. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any quotes which are not completed for any reason.
6. A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process on January 5th 2021 ("Draw Date").
7. The winner will receive a Honda VTR1000 SP-1.
8. The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) before 10th January 2021 and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 5 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
9. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so.
11. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
12. The winner's name and county can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 28 days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw.
13. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
15. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
16. Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
17. Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
18. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
19. The Promoter of this prize draw is Saga Services Ltd, trading as “Bennetts” of Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.