Bennetts is the UK's number one for bike insurance and insures 200,000 bikers in the UK and Northern Ireland. Established in 1930, Bennetts has over 80 years experience in the insurance industry and over the last decade has become one of the fastest growing insurance providers in the UK and Northern Ireland.
Approximately 300 staff, based in Coventry, provide competitive quotes to over 600,000 bikers a year (that's over half of the biking population). With a panel of nine strong underwriters offering 15 schemes, Bennetts continues to work closely with them to ensure bikers receive our best possible price for their insurance requirements.
Bennetts Key Facts
- Founded by Gordon Bennett in Coventry, Bennetts provided general insurance services for customers in the West Midlands
- Due to demand and changes in the market Bennetts became specialists in motorcycle insurance in the early 1980's and devised a number of schemes for bikers
- Bennetts was the first motorcycle insurance specialist to launch its quote and buy facility online at www.bennetts.co.uk
- Winner of Insurance Age Award 'Website of the Year 2001'
- In October 2001, the Bennetts brand was acquired by the Saga Group (formerly the Budget Group of Companies) through its purchase of Dial Direct Insurance Marketing Ltd, a major UK car insurance intermediary.
- The Saga Group was established in 1992, and has grown to be the UK’s leading personal lines insurance groups, through a combination of organic growth and a series of major strategic acquisitions.
- The Saga Group now arranges and administers insurance for around 3.5 million customers. It has contact centre operations in Peterborough, Coventry, Sunderland, and Cape Town, South Africa. It currently employs over 2000 people and its head office is in Peterborough.
- The Bennetts brand was given a new identity
- Bennetts became personal sponsor of Neil Hodgson who went on to become the 2003 World Superbike Champion
- Bennetts dominated TV screens through sponsoring bike related programmes on Sky including Men and Motors, Motors TV, Sky Sports and Moto Plus
- In January 2005, Bennetts signed the biggest sponsorship deal in the history of the brand by becoming title sponsor of the 2005 Bennetts British Superbike Championship. Bennetts continued its sponsorship of the British Superbike Championship in 2006, 2007 and 2008
- Bennetts insured over 180,000 bikers in the UK.
- Bennetts sponsors TV coverage of the BSB on ITV1 and launches its new 'be part of it' TV credits, featuring a competition to find bikers and bike lovers to star in its next set of TV credits.
- Bennetts launched its biggest motorcycle safety campaign of 2007, 'Rev for a Reason'. The search was led by former World Superbike Champion James Toseland and renowned conductor and composer Stephen Montague
- In June 2007, Bennetts becomes official series sponsor of the World Superbike Championship for the remainder of the 2007 championship and for the whole of the 2008 championship
- Bennetts becomes personal sponsor of former World Superbike Champion James Toseland in July 2007 as he celebrated his second WSB title
- Bennetts continues its sponsorship of the 2008 British Superbike Championship and World Superbike Championship.
- Bennetts continues personal sponsorship of former World Superbike Champion James Toseland as he moves into the top level of motorcycle racing, MotoGP
- Bennetts continues to back MotoGP contender James Toseland.
- Bennetts celebrates its 80th Birthday
- In April 2010 Bennetts Biker Dreams was launched. To celebrate Bennetts 80th birthday up to £80,000 of bikers’ dreams were awarded. Ranging from a simple dream of new leathers to the ultimate trip of a lifetime.
- In June 2010 independent brand tracking research identified Bennetts as the UK’s No.1 brand for bike insurance.
- In 2011 Bennetts became sponsor to Moto2 contender Scott Redding
- Bennetts launches Bennetts Live! travelling around the country attending biking events with the Bennetts Babes and Bike
- Bennetts Biker Dreams is launched for a second year running.
- Bennetts announces ‘Insurance partner’ sponsorship of the 2011 Isle of Man TT event
- Bennetts launches Bennetts Free Classifieds, where you can buy and sell bikes for free
- Bennetts Motorcycle Insurance receives Defaqto 5 Star Rating
- Bennetts launches Bike Social, a Biking Social Network with free sign up
Bennetts is a trading name of Bennetts Biking Services Limited. Registered Head Office: Enbrook Park, Sandgate, Folkestone, Kent CT20 3SE. Registered in England no. 9028554.